Thursday, April 14, 2005

It's back and I can't get it to stop!

Sigh. It's back. That song. You know, the one that sticks in your brain and befuddles it for hours on end. Everyone has a song, right?

Mine you ask? It's "Baby Baby" by Amy Grant. Don't ask me why because I have no idea how it got stuck there or why it's stuck. What message could she be sending me with this song? Seriously, is it because I need love or need a child or need babies? I need devotion? Crap, I have no clue.

"Baby, Baby, I'm taken with the notion...to love you with the sweetest of devotion."

That line runs through my head and has run through my head since 1991 when the damn song came out. It's not like I listened to that CD (wait, probably tape) too much and the song got stuck. It's not like I even liked Amy Grant back then or now for that matter.

There have been times when a new song gets stuck in my brain and I almost rejoice that I'm rid of the baby, baby. But I've since learned in the last 14 years that it's just a matter of time before I'm stuck listening to my brain sing that damn line again and again. I'm starting to think that I'll be 97 years old in the nursing home and still listening to that line in my head!

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear lord...I was hoping to never, ever, EVER hear that song again. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete