Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's a tough week

Yesterday we went to the funeral home to see Pete's Dad one final time. His aunt Daisy was there from down south. She is the most wonderfully sweet lady. Daniela said that I got the sign of approval from all the relatives. I didn't want to see his Dad like this. I have this mental image of him sitting on the couch with his legs folded under him. White t-shirt and jeans. Watching Allie 'read' to me from her book and having me help her color. He ws so proud of how well she was staying in the lines. That's how I want to remember him. Pete went in to see him. He said that he looked much better than the night that he died. Along the way, I ended up catching a profile of him while walking past the room.

Tomorrow we are taking Pete's relatives to the Mall of America. I'm so excited to see his aunt again and speak with her. Pete speaks so highly of her that I am anxious to talk to her. Secretly I want her to tell me, teach me how to make her southern biscuits and gravy. I'm jealous of the ability to do that.

On a happier note - Pete received his conceal license in the mail last night. I kept telling him it was his 'thing' and he didn't know what I meant until he looked at the envelope. I made him open it in the car and man...I want to see that smile on his face forever. It lighted up his eyes and I'd guess that his face hurt from smiling so much. I think it's wonderful that it came when it did and I am so happy for him to have it. Od course we had to go to Cabellas to look at holsters for his guns so that he had something to carry them in.

Tomorrow I am turning my application in. I don't know that I would always carry a weapon, athought I like the idea that I could if I felt the need. I also like knowing that I am licensed to have it since Pete has his too. So cross your fingers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment