Monday, May 20, 2013

It Hurts So Good

{191; 0 exercise today)

This weekend I nested.  I've been reading more and more about post surgery and the things that you can and can't do.  The more I do that, the more I see around the house that needs to be done so that I can truly relax and recuperate.

So I deep cleaned the whole 2nd floor.  It's less impressive if I tell you that my townhouse is only about 1100 sf.  So the 2nd floor is about 550 sf.  It has 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a laundry closet.  I cleaned the closets and organized them.  I stripped the beds and washed all bedding.  I flipped the extra bed mattress and Pete and & took apart our Sleep Number and repositioned it and refilled it.  I dusted all the stuff in our room and cleaned off the desk in the extra room.  I vacuumed everything that was standing still, including the ceiling fans and dryer vents.  I scrubbed the shower and the bathroom floor that the toilet.  I also scrubbed and cleaned the bathroom on the main floor, postage stamp size that it is.

I also went grocery shopping and rand errands on Saturday.  Did some prep for food for the week. 

It was busy.  And by last night I could feel that soreness that comes with working out muscles that have sat for too long.  It occurred to me in the shower this morning that I miss that soreness.  I desperately want to get back to working out.  But again last night I didn't fall asleep until about 4am.  There is no good workout on 1 hour of sleep.  So I again slept in for 3 hours and headed to work.  I need to suck it up instead of just talking about it.

Tonight I'm headed to a support group hosted by FORCE.  I'm hoping to find some women who took some of the same steps that I did.  Someone who can make me feel like I'm not crazy for thinking about this surgery.  And I'm hoping I can talk to someone who had surgery with the doctors I'm meeting with or point me in the direction of another surgeon.  Support groups really aren't my thing, but I want to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment